Rhythm Kids is the next musical step for your child (K-3); you're welcome as a parent or caregiver (adult participation isn't required). Each week we drum, sing, dance, play rhythm instruments, and begin to play music-based games. Rhythm Kids guides children toward developmentally appropriate music and movement activities, where they can begin to take charge, lead others, and be musically creative, as they:
• make up their own drumming patterns
• invent new ways to play rhythm instruments (shakers, sticks, etc.)
• create movement ideas for songs
• even take a drum solo!
Rhythm Kids follows through on the Music Together® vision to help children complete the pathway of early childhood music development from birth through age eight.
• 10 weekly, 45-minute classes
• Songbook, app download, and CD each semester
• Access to online drum-play videos and other material
Your child will:
• Explore the world of rhythm through movement, instrument play, and song
• Develop basic rhythm skills, like keeping beat, improvising, ensemble play, and soloing
• Learn to create, cooperate, and express themselves musically
- Classes meet for 45 minutes, over a 10-week period (summer session is 4 or 6 weeks)
- Tuition is only $140 for 10 weeks of class! (Summer fees are reduced.)
- Drums will be provided for the class each week, but if you’d like your child to have a drum to play with at home, please ask your teacher about the special discounts on djembe drums that are available to Music Together families.
- Due to the specialized nature of this class, enrollment is limited to children K-3. For classes that welcome younger siblings, check our Mixed-Age class schedule.